Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Stop Motion Animation of Falling

 
 
 
       For this stop motion animation I decided to use my refrigerator as the "canvas" because I do not have a tripod that can hold my camera in place while I shoot images from the floor. Since I had a clown and a circular magnet, the simplest animation that I could have done with those two objects in my mind was to have the clown kick the magnet as if it was a ball. After getting the feel of where the magnet should be at certain areas by drawing arcs on the fridge for the bounces with a brush pen, I animated straight ahead. As it came to a stop I noticed that it was close to the edge of the table. Transferring my soul into the clown, I decided to jump kick it off the table. I was going to have it jump down and then kick it again, but I found the scenario to be redundant. The jump kick turned into a jump slip and I don't know how believable that is, but I found it more amusing than a kick from the clown again. Lastly, I decided to keep the greyscale tone for the animation (product of Flipbook) instead of using Photoshop to keep the colors because I felt that it would be more unique and feel as if it was some old silent film.

No comments:

Post a Comment